Sojourn in northern Canada with Vilhjalmur STEFANSSON 1908-1912. Account by Stefansson pub. 1913.
ANDERSON, Andrew Arthur
Magistrate at Walfisch bay and traveller.
-"Twenty-five years in a waggon in the gold regions of Africa." 2 vols. London / 1887/ Chapman & Hall
- "Narrative of a journey to Musardu, the capital of the Western Mandingoes." 1870
- "The expedition to Musardu of B. Anderson in 1874." Ed. H.Fisher. 1912. Repr. London / (cat. 1969) / Frank Cass.
East India Co. Served at Penang, Singapore and Malacca. Diplomatic and mercantile negotiator.
ANDERSON, John, M.D.
Scottish naturalist. Scientific expeditions to Yunnan in 1867, Burma 1875-6, Mergui Archipelago 1881-2. Published accounts of his journeys.
ANDERSSON, Dr. Johann Gunnar
Took part in Swedish South Polar expedition of 1901-3 under Otto NORDENSKJÖLD
- C-author with N. of "Antarctica, or, two years among the ice of the South Pole." London / 1905 / Hurst & Blackett.
ANDRADE, Fern?o Peres de
Commanded the fleet in which Tomé PIRES, the first Portugese ambassador to China, sailed for Canton in 1517.
- "A naturalist in the Guianas." London / 1904.
ANDREWS, Roy Chapman
American naturalist and explorer. Alaska pre WWI. Expeditions to Mongolia and Central Asia sponsored by Am. Mus. of Nat. Hist. Became its Director, 1935. Disc. dinosaur eggs in Mongolia.Central Asia.
- "Across Mongolian plains." 1921.
- "The ends of the Earth." 1929.
- "Heart of Asia." 1951.
- Biog. by Charles Gallenkamp, NY / 2001.
ANNESLEY, George, 2nd E. Mountnorris, Viscount Valentia
- "Voyages and travels to India, Ceylon, the Red Sea, Abyssinia, and Egypt, 1802-6." 3 vols. 1809.
See also SALT, Henry