ABREU DE GALINDO, Juan de
- "History of the discovery and conquest of the Canary Is, tr. from a Spanish ms. by G. Glas." London / 1764.
Extracts in PINKERTON2 vol. 16.
His report on a journey to the frontiers of China was embodied in the geographical dictionary of YAKUT
In India 1578.
ACOSTA, Father José de
- "Historia natural y moral de las Indias." Seville / 1509.
- London / 1604 (tr. Edward Grimston).
- Tr. Grimston, ed. C.R. Markham, 1880 / Hakluyt Society (Series I, nos. 60, 61a, 61b).
ACUñA, Father Cristobal de
Missionary. Amazon expedition 1639.
- See Markham, Sir C.R.: "Expeditions into the valley of the Amazons." 1859 / Hakluyt Society (Series I, no. 24)
- "History of American Indians." 1775.
ADAMS, Andrew Leith
Zoologist and army surgeon. Left account of travels in India.
- "Log of a Cowboy." 1903. New ed. New York / 1931.
ADAMS, Capt. J.
- "Remarks on the country extending from Cape Palma to the River Congo..." 1823. Repr. London / (cat. 1969) / Frank Cass.