- "The Mongol Mission: narratives and letters of the Franciscan missionaries in Mongolia and China in the 13th and 14th centuries." 1955.
DAWSON, Capt. Llewellyn Styles, RN
- "Memoirs of hydrography including brief biographies of the principal officers who have served in H.M. naval surveying service between the years 1750 and 1885." Eastbourne / 1885 / H.W. Keay.
DE BRY, Theodor
-"Collectiones peregrinationum in Indiam et Indiam Occidentalem...." Collection of voyages and travels to America and the Indies. In two versions, one German and one Latin, each divided into "Grands Voyages" and "Petits Voyages". 186 vols. in total. Frankfurt and Oppenheim / 1590-1634.
-"Westward the course of Empire."
-"Across the wide Missouri."
- "The opening of the world." (European discovery of America and the Indies.) London / 1973 / Collins.
- "Beyond the capes: Pacific exploration ... 1776-1877." (Lists 81 voyages from Cook to Challenger.) Reviewed Geog. Jnl. 138.2.253.
- "Polynesian seafaring." Lymington /1972 / Nautical Publishing Co.
(Lists Pacific voyages of discovery from Magellan to Wilkes.)
DULLES, Foster Rhea
- "Eastward ho! The first English adventurers to the Orient..." (CHANCELLOR, JENKINSON, LANCASTER, ADAMS, ROE.)
- "French explorers in the Pacific." Vol I (18th cent) 1965; Vol II (19th cent.) 1969.
- "Byzantine missions among the Slavs." 1970 / Rutgers UP